Sure, you could bake an apple pie in the oven. But did you know you can use your air fryer to whip up tantalizing desserts, too? Whether you’re low on oven real estate this Thanksgiving or simply want to try a new cooking technique, the air fryer is a great option for cooking pie.
Whether you’re low on oven real estate this Thanksgiving or simply want to try a new cooking technique, the air fryer is a great option for cooking pie. (By Samantha Milner @recipethis.com)
Air Fryer Apple Pie by Samantha Milner at RecipeThis.com
Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
14 oz Air Fryer Pie Crust
11.5 oz Small Apple Chunks
Approximately 2 oz Superfine Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 Small Lemon zest and juice
2 Tsp Cinnamon
0.5 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Mixed Spice
1 Small Egg for egg wash
Superfine sugar for sprinkling
1. Roll out your pie crust and place it into the bottom of your pie pan.
2. Place your just peeled and diced apples, along with your lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg into the pie pan and push it down and make sure there are no apple gaps.
3. Add the second layer of pie crust over your apples and press down. Stab with a knife in the middle to allow the pie room to breathe and using a pastry brush add a layer of egg wash.
4. Place on the middle shelf in the air fryer oven and cook for 30 minutes at 360 °F
5. Serve with either cream, ice cream or custard.