What makes game day nachos better? Sausage.
Here, Hansen incorporated the brand’s new chorizo sausage strips into the mix, along with green chilis, black beans, roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, pickled red onions, and more. Bring an appetite and get the full recipe below.
Johnsonville Chorizo Strips and Chips Nachos (Johnsonville, LLC)
Johnsonville Chorizo Strips and Chips Nachos
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Chorizo Sausage Strips™, chopped, or sausage strips of choice
1 can (4.5 ounce) diced green chilis
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen roasted corn, thawed
1 bag (11 ounces) tortilla chips
1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup prepared pickled red onions
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1. In a skillet, cook and stir sausage strip pieces over medium heat until browned; about 3 minutes.
2. Add green chilies, beans, and corn; heat through.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a large platter and top with sausage strip mixture.
4. Heat nacho cheese sauce according to package directions; drizzle over chips and sausage strip mixture.
5. Sprinkle with the tomatoes, avocado, onions, and jalapeño peppers.
6. Top with sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice.