- 2 boxes of Zatarain’s Gumbo Mix
- 1lb frozen sliced okra
- 1 can of drained peeled tomatoes (Hunts fire roasted highly recommended)
- 2 cups of rice (for extra)
- 1lb of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1lb sliced smoked sausage
- crackers or loaf of French bread
Follow the box instructions on this one. The only thing we’re adding is the extra veggies listed in the ingredients like okra and tomatoes.
You can make this your own so add as much protein and veggies of your choice as you like.
TIP: Use chicken broth instead of water. For the extra rice, cook 2 cups of rice to 4 cups of water.
Add a scoop of rice to the top of the gumbo. Garnish with fresh parsley or sliced green onions and serve with crackers or baked French bread sliced.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Aubrey Norman of Downtown Consultants, contact 601-212-2516 or downtowncafeJXN@yahoo.com for any food or catering inquiries.