JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) – Several JPS schools are virtual Tuesday, November 16, due to low or no water pressure in the Jackson area.
Nearly the entire city is currently under a boil water notice, said City Engineer Dr. Charles Williams. The only exceptions are for citizens on the well-water systems.
These schools will not meet in-person Tuesday but will be all-virtual:
- Bailey APAC Middle, 7020 Highway 49 North
- Blackburn Middle, 1311 West Pearl
- Chastain Middle, 4650 Manhattan Road
- Key Elementary, 699 West McDowell Road
- Kirksey Middle, 5677 Highland Drive
- Lester Elementary, 2350 Oakhurst Street
- Marshall Elementary, 2909 Oak Forest Drive
- Northwest Middle, 7020 Highway 49 North
- Oak Forest Elementary, 1831 Smallwood Drive
- Peeples Middle, 2940 Belvedere Drive
- Shirley Elementary, 330 Judy Street
- Van Winkle Elementary, 1655 Whiting Road
- Whitten Middle, 210 Daniel Lake Boulevard
- Wilkins Elementary, 1970 Castle Hill Drive
- Wingfield High, 1985 Scanlon Drive
After-school programs at these schools will also be canceled for Tuesday.
Instructional teams will teach from home and custodial staff will report to their respective schools.
JPS’s child nutrition team will prepare meals to-go for parents or guardians to pick up at their student’s school sites from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.