By WLBT Digital | May 14, 2021 at 11:47 AM CDT – Updated May 14 at 11:47 AM
VICKSBURG, Miss. (WLBT) – You no longer need a face covering in Vicksburg.
Friday, Mayor George Flaggs applied new federal guidance on face coverings for people in his city.
However, the following orders remain in effect until further notice:
- Businesses and organizations shall specify their specific business requirements for:
- Face coverings for employees and customers
- Provision for hand sanitizer
- Reasonable efforts to encourage social distancing
- Sanitizing high-contact surfaces and carts
- Posting notice of face-covering requirements
- Screening of employees and volunteers
- All members of the public are encouraged to wear a face-covering if not vaccinated or unable to maintain social distancing in large indoor gatherings
- Juvenile curfew will remain in effect from 7:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.
- Special law enforcement task force: Vicksburg Police Department patrols will increase with Deputy Police Chiefs directly supervising shifts Thursday through Sunday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with increased numbers of officers on shifts
Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.