Position: Account Executive
WDBD FOX40 is seeking a fulltime experience Account Executive to handle existing business as well as develop new business. We are seeking an individual that is passionate and enthusiastic about selling multiplatform advertising solutions to existing clients and develop new clients through aggressive and consistent business development. Must have a proven track record of negotiating transactional business with local/regional agencies, and developing new business in broadcast and digital sales. Some travel required. Experienced with political sales and guidelines preferred. This individual must be passionate, highly motivated, possess a solid work ethic, extremely organized, detail oriented and can hit the ground running. Other duties include process and confirm orders, monitor production of commercial tape needs for clients; resolve discrepancies, monitor collections and develop special sales opportunities for clients. Negotiate schedule rates based on knowledge of station’s products and inventory. Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense reports.
Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude are required. Driver’s license and clean MRV required. Personal vehicle required to perform duties. Station will provide $150 gas allowance per month.
- Provide strategy and analysis of existing business, through review of performance and identification of further opportunities in the marketplace for existing and potential clients.
- Process and confirm orders, resolve discrepancies, monitor, credit collections and production based company policy
- Cold calling on a daily basis to generate new business both via phone and face to face
- Develop power point sales presentations for prospective clients to meet their specific marketing needs
- Provide client with post broadcast and digital campaign analysis and collaborate with research
- Work with Sr. Digital Sales Specialist to sell station digital products and social media opportunities
- Work closely with LSM and marketing team as liaison to ensure effective communication for all parties with commercial production and client promotions.
- Prepares reports of business transactions, sales activity and expense reports
- Exceed budgetary quarterly sales goals across multiple sales platforms
- Responsible for superior customer relationship management and serve as a primary point of contact for active accounts and new business
- Hours are M-F, 830am – 530pm
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills especially with advertising agencies required
- Assumes responsibility & accountability for assign accounts and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude are critical to position
- Excellent computer skills, tech savvy; working knowledge of Comscore, Scarborough. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; familiar with Wide Orbit, Strata, Matrix
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task, exceptional time management abilities; able to properly prioritize important tasks; avoids procrastination
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
- Strong attention to detail very important, meets deadlines , adapts to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Demonstrates competitive spirit; and a team player
appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude are required.
3+ years broadcast/digital and or cable sales experience required
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or five years related experience
715 S Jefferson Street
Jackson, MS 39202
Send all resumes to: WDBD@FOX40tv.com